Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Citrus pests
Citrus fruit borer
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 4-6 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap.
- Put the traps in the upper third of the tree, before the fruit ripening. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Traps density: 1-2 traps/Ha. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
The phytosanitary treatments are focused in larvae, which once they are in the fruit are impossible to manage. For this reason the adults' mass capture is a key to manage the pest. If you use it from the beginning in monitoring programs, is an effective method to reduce adult populations and, this way, manage the pest and keep it under the tolerance level.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP, add in the inside an authorized insecticide tablet in accordance with the current legislation.
- Place between 10-20 traps/Ha, distributed in a uniform way through the parcel. Depending on the number of captured insects you must reinforce the borders and/or the areas with more captures.
- The program must be active during the whole growing season, especially during the ripening. Keep the traps until 2-3 weeks after removing the crop and its residues.
- If there are high levels of population you can carry out reinforced treatments with authorized phytosanitary products in accordance with the current legislation always in a rational way.
- Ref: ECAU-0012BB Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 200 pouches
(Other presentations available under request)
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.