Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Olive pests
Olive moth / Polilla del olivo
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 3-4 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap.
- Put the traps in the upper third of the tree, at the beginning of the spring before the starting of the flights. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Traps density: 1-2 traps/Ha. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability due to a huge number of captures or dust and dirt generated.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a complement of other management methods. If you use it from the beginning of the first generation in monitoring programs, it is a really effective method to reduce populations of other generations and, this way, manage the pest and keep it under the tolerance level. The most important generation to control is the second one, the carpophagous, as it is the one that causes the main damages to the trees in production.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP, add in the inside an authorized insecticide tablet in accordance with the current legislation.
- Place between 5-10 traps/Ha, distributed in a uniform way through the parcel. Depending on the number of captured insects you must reinforce the borders and/or the areas with more captures.
- The program must be active during the whole growing season to control the 3 generations. Keep the traps until 2-3 weeks after removing the crop and its residues.
- If there are high levels of population you can carry out reinforced treatments with authorized phytosanitary products in accordance with the current legislation always in a rational way.
- Ref: PROL-0012BB Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 200 pouches
(Other presentations available under request)
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.