Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Vineyard pests
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring and mass trapping
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 4-6 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap
- Traps density: 2-4 traps/Ha. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Settle the traps at the beginning of the spring, before the flight. Place the traps at the crop height, at the strain, its stakes or supports. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a supplement for other management methods.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP. It is advisable to put an insecticide tablet (DDVP) in the inside of every trap.
- Put 10-20 traps per Hectare, distributed in a uniform way through the inside of the parcel and its borders. Reinforce the points with the most captures.
- If there are huge numbers of captures you can carry out reinforced treatments with authorized phytosanitary products in accordance with the current legislation in a rational way
- Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.