- Category: Fruit trees
Leopard moth/ Taladro amarillo
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 3-4 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
- Pheromone X10: includes 10 times the standard pheromone dose.
- Application for the monitoring in treated parcels with sexual confusion.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap.
- Put the traps in the upper third of the tree, at the beginning of May before the starting of the flights. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Traps density: 2 traps/parcel. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a complement of other management methods but they are not effective as a management method by its own.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP, add an authorized insecticide tablet, in accordance with the current legislation, in the inside.
- Place a minimum of 10 traps per Hectare, reinforced by the parcels' borders and problematic areas, as the areas where there have already been problems or the ones that are really circulated.
- The program must be active during the whole period from May to September. Keep the traps until 2-3 weeks after removing the crops and its residues.
- It is advisable to carry out a visual management of the affected trees, by recounting the active galleries during the following months, to check the management program operation.
- Ref: ZEUPYR-0020BB Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches
- Ref: ZEUPYR-0200BB Pouches of 1 unit. / Bags of 25 units.
(Other presentations available under request)
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.