- Category: Parapheromones
PARAPHEROMONA OF BACTROCERA GENUS
Monitoring and mass trapping management of some fruit flies of Bactrocera genus mass capture in fruit and horticultural crops sensitive to these pests. Some species that are attracted by the Cuelure are:
- Bactrocera cucurbitae (Melon fly)
- Bactrocera tryoni (Queensland fruit fly)
- Bactrocera frauenfeldi (Mango fly).
The Cuelure is a synthetic product related with the sexual pheromone produced by diptera of the Bactrocera genus, highly effective for the management of various fruit flies. It can be used both for monitoring populations programs (monitoring) as management (mass capture). This product acts attracting the males of these species, avoiding mating and this way the appearance of new flies' generations. For this reason, they are very capable to keep the population level of these insect-pests under the tolerance level.
This parapheromone, thanks to its dry special format, is highly effective. Its high persistence and constant diffusion increases its useful lives in the field and keeps the captures level over 90 days. This way, depending on the crop to be protected, with a single diffuser you cover the whole season, which next to the dry format it makes it an easy use and handling product and reduces the field traps setting-up and maintenance costs. As it is a dry attractant product requires using an authorized insecticide in the trap.
The mass capture of fruit flies has demonstrated to be the most effective method to control these pests and it is recommended in the integrated pest management (IPM) programs and in ecological farming.
- Dry diffuser, of easy use and handling, easier than liquid attractants.
- Ready to use it inside the fly catchers.
- Attracts mainly males, avoiding mating and the appearance of new fly generations.
- A duration of more than 90 days, due to its emission in a controlled speed by being the product absorbed in an inert matrix and in the inside a pouch of a permeable membrane.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Do not open or drill the bags.
- Use together with the MAXITRAP® fly catcher or CONETRAP foldable fly catcher. Introduce it directly inside the trap with an authorized insecticide, as dichlorvos dispenser (DVVP) or treating the trap (preferably inside the tap) with authorized products.
- Place the traps in a medium height on the tree (1,40-1,80m), on the east or south face, a bit inside the tree avoiding direct contact with the sun.
- The monitoring must be started before the flights. Supervise the traps every week to determinate the presence of the pest, the population level and its risks. After each counting eliminate the insects from the inside of the traps.
- For mass trapping, place the traps when you obtain the first captures in the monitoring, but always 45 days before the ripening of the fruit. The traps must be kept during the whole crop until after the harvest and the disposal of possible residues.
- It is advisable to do a monitoring of the captures to establish the critical points and carry out the appropriate correcting measures.
- For monitoring put 4-6 traps/ha distributed in a strategic way around the parcel for supervising.
- For the management by mass trapping: put 40-80 traps/ha depending upon the crop to be protected, the density, size, shape and distance of the parcels to be controlled and the population pest level. Reinforce with additional traps those areas where the captures are higher. If there are really high capture levels you can reinforce the program with authorized phytosanitary treatments.
- If there are high levels of infestation, some supplementary phytosanitary treatments can be done, always with authorized products under current legislation and in a rational way.
- It is advisable to remove the residue of the crops, especially the fallen fruit, as it may contain larvae that can generate infections to the next season.
- Ref: CUE-A000PB 25 units / Boxes of 500 units of Aluminium pouches
(Other presentations available on request)
- MSDS Cuelure Sheet (PDF)