Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Horticultural crops
Cabbage moth/ Diamondback moth
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring and mass trapping
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 4-6 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap
- Traps density: 2-4 traps/Ha. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders. In the greenhouse, put one trap every 500m². Put at least one trap/greenhouse.
- Settle the traps at the beginning of the growing or before replanting. Keep always the traps over the crop. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
- Keep the traps 2-3 weeks after harvest and its residues.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a supplement for other management methods.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP. It is advisable to put an insecticide tablet (DDVP) inside every trap.
- Put 8-10 traps per hectare inside the parcel and in its borders.
- In the greenhouse, put a trap every 300 to 500 m², with a minimum of 2 traps per greenhouse.
- Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches.
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.