Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Horticultural crops
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring and mass trapping
See the Pest sheet
- 0,8 mg Pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 4-6 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use WATER TRAP, DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule for Tuta absoluta per trap.
- Traps density: 2-4 traps/Ha. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders. In the greenhouse, put one trap every 500m². Put at least one trap/greenhouse.
- Settle the traps at the beginning of the growing or before replanting. Put the traps on the ground or low height. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds. With Funnel traps it is advisable to put an insecticide tablet (DDVP) in the background of each trap.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
- Keep the traps 2-3 weeks after harvest and its residues.
- Use WATER TRAP. Place the traps at ground-level or on a platform or support, at no more than 30 cm.
- Put 20-40 traps per Hectare, inside the parcel and its borders. Reinforce the areas where the captures are being higher with additional traps.
- In the Greenhouse, put a trap every 300 to 500 m², with a minimum of 2 traps per greenhouse.
- You can supplement the mass trapping with Bacillus thuringensis treatmens or with authorized phytosanitary products in accordance with current legislation in a rational way.
- Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.