Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Vineyard pests
European grapevine moth
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring and mass trapping
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 4-6 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap
- Traps density: 1-2 traps/parcel. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Put the traps in the early spring. Put them in the crop height, in the stump, its cane or support. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability due to an elevated capture number or dust and dirt accumulated.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a suplement for other management methods.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP. It is advisable to put an insecticide tablet (DDVP) inside every trap.
- Put 10-20 traps per hectarea, evenly distributed inside the parcel and in its borders. Reinforce the points with more captures.
- When the captures level is really high you can carry out reinforced treatments with authorized fythosanitary products in accordance with current legislation, always in a rational way.
- Pouches 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches.
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.