- Category: Fruit trees
Oriental fruit moth
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring and mass trapping
See Pest Sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 3-4 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
- Pheromone X10: includes 10 times the standard pheromone dose.
- Application for the monitoring in treated parcels with sexual confusion.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAP or FUNNEL TRAP.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap.
- Put the traps in the upper third of the tree, in April before the starting of the flights. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Traps density: 2 traps/parcel. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability.
- Tolerance levels: 2 insects/trap during two consecutive days. Determinate the treatment period depending on the temperatures during the period. Deal with authorized products and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Keep the traps 2-3 weeks after harvest and its residues.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be used as a complement of other management methods but they are not effective as a management method by its own.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP with an authorized insecticide tablet in the interior. .
- Put 8-10 traps by Hectare, in the inside and borders of the parcel.
- Ref: GRMO-0010BB Pouches 1 unit. / Boxes of 250 pouches.
- Ref: GRMO-0100BB Pouches 1 unit. / Bags of 25 units.
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.