Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Olive pests
Olive pyralidae moth
Sexual pheromone for flight monitoring
See the Pest sheet
- Sexual type pheromone.
- A septum dispenser (Bromobutyl).
- Duration: 3-4 weeks, depending on the environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use DELTA TRAPS or FUNNEL TRAPS.
- Put 1 specific pheromone capsule per trap.
- Put the traps in the upper third of the tree, in April before the starting of the flights. Important → The Delta traps must be installed with the overture facing the main regional winds.
- Traps density: 1-2 traps/parcel. In bigger crops than 3-4, put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects. In Delta traps, replace the gummed based when it loses its adhesive capability due to an elevated capture number or dust and dirt accumulated.
They reduce the pest pressure and they can be together with another method.
- Use FUNNEL TRAP, add an authorized insecticide tablet, in accordance with current legislation, in the interior.
- Put 8-10 traps/Ha, distributed in a uniform way through the parcel. Depending on the captured number of insects you should reinforce the borders and/or the areas where there are more captures.
- The program must be active during the whole crop growing season. Keep the traps until 2-3 weeks after removing the crop and its residues.
- When the population level is really high you can carry out reinforced treatments with authorized fythosanitary products in accordance with current legislation, always in a rational way.
- Ref: EUPI-0015BB Pouches of 1 unit. / Boxes of 200 pouches
(Other presentations available under request)
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.