Sexual pheromones for monitoring
- Category: Olive pests
Olive fruit fly
Sexual pheromone for monitoring - flight monitoring - of olive fruit fly Bactrocera (Dacus) oleae
See Pest Sheet
- Composition: 1,7- dioxaespiro-[5,5]- undecane- sexual pheromone for male capture.
- Permeable vial type dispenser with a solid matrix - long duration.
- Duration: 6-8 weeks, depending on environmental conditions.
- Packed in aluminium-PE pouches
- Conservation: in freezer, 2 years.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Use YELLOW CHROMATIC TRAP
- Put 1 vial specific pheromone subjected to a chromatic trap.
- Put the traps hanging on the olive tree in a medium height, during the spring before the start of the flights.
- Traps density: 1-2 traps/parcel. In crops bigger than 3-4 Ha put 1 trap/Ha. Preferably we will put one in the centre and the other one in the borders to determinate if the pest is already in the crop or define the entry points.
- Control the traps once a week. Remove the captured insects.
- Threshold treatment: the moment election of the treatment must be determinate with the olive bites evaluation on the field and depending on the crop area. Treating with authorized products according to current legislation and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Keep the traps 2-3 weeks after removing crops and its residues.
The mass trapping with sexual pheromone is not effective for the Bactrocera oleae management, as it captures mainly males, when the management must be focused on female management (eggs lay reduction). It is recommended, in this case, the use of specific food grade attractants.
- Ref: DAOL-0900VB Pouches 1 unit. / Boxes of 200 pouches.
Other presentations available under request
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.