Traps and accesories
- Category: Traps and accessories
Trap for curculionidae monitoring and mass-trapping.
- Manufactured in black plastic, of 5,6 or 8,6 L of capability.
- 4 side holes an 4 in the cover, of 50 mm of diameter.
- Suitable for liquid and dry attractants.
- Hanger and hooks for the pheromone incorporated.
- Line drain holes at the bottom.
- It requires the use of the specific pheromone of the pest you want to control. Consult available pheromones.
THE METHOD OF USE:
- Put the trap half-buried, until the side holes. Place it in shade areas, avoiding direct contact with the sun.
- Put a specific pheromone dispenser for Rhynchophorus sp. or for the pest you want to do the monitoring or control, in the hook provided in the cover of the trap.
- If you wish, put also a specific Kairomona diffuser (depending on the pest)
- Add water at the background of the trap and some detergent drops to reduce the superficial pressure and the evaporation.
- Add to the water date pieces, young palm tissues, apple, sugar cane, etc. so it ferments.
- Alternately, and depending on the pest, you must place an insecticide tablet (DDVP) to cause the insects' death.
- Revise the tramps every fifteen days, refilling the water and attractant if necessary and eliminate the captured insects.
- Follow the specific indications depending on the pest you want to manage and the level of infestation.
- As a general rule, for mass trapping a density of 4-10 Traps/Ha is appropriate for the majority of the trapping programs.
- TBUAOM0056 Black Bucket Trap 5,6 L
- TBUAOM0086 Black Bucket Trap 8,6 L
These indications are a general guide, and aim to provide the user a starting point for the implementation of his monitoring and/or mass trapping programs. The conditions and local practices can develop the need of programs' personalization.