- Category: Pest sheets
POLILLA DEL OLIVO
- It is one of the main olive tree pests and it is widespread through the entire Mediterranean region.
- This insect completes 3 generations per year; anthophagous (the flights are produced in April-May), carpophagous (between May-June), phyllophagous (between October-November).
- The main damages are caused by larvae; every generation affects a determinate organ: anthophagous generation (flower organs), carpophagous generation (fruits), phyllophagous generation (leaves). The most serious ones are the occasioned to fruits due to the fact that they fall off, such as the loss of the oil quality obtained.
- The pest monitoring by pheromones is a key to determinate the pest presence and the flight curves, stablish the population level and decide the correct timing for the phytosanitary treatments, always with authorized products in accordance with current legislation and in a rational way.
- The mass trapping programs with traps with pheromones are really effective to manage and reduce the population levels and the pest pressure, keeping this one under the tolerance level.