- Category: Pest sheets
CITRUS YOUNG FRUIT BORER
POLILLA DEL LIMONERO
- It is one of the main citrus pests, especially of the lemon tree and other species with long or scaled flowering period.
- It can be present all year in the Mediterranean area, being the maximum of populations during the spring and autumn. The most problematic generations are the ones that coincide with the flowering periods.
- The larvae cause the main damages entering the flowers and feeding on anthers and pistils, affecting the flowering period and the fruit. They can also attack leaves, tender sprouts and fruits carrying out a number of mines and galleries both in the skin and in the inside.
- The pest monitoring by pheromones is a key to determine the insect presence, stablish the population level and decide the correct timing to carry out phytosanitary treatments, always with authorized products in accordance with current legislation.
- The mass trapping programs with pheromones are really effective to manage and reduce the population levels and the pest pressure, keeping it under the tolerance levels.