- Category: Pest sheets
POLILLA O MINADORA DEL TOMATE
- It is the most important pest in tomato crop. It can affect other species such as potato, aubergine or pepper.
- The damage symptoms are the galleries in the leaves presence, under the epidermis, and the holes and perforations of the green fruits presence, stalks and flowers.
- Its life cycle is strongly conditioned by the temperature. In our climate there can be 10 to 12 generations per year
- The monitoring by using pheromones is the key to detect the pest presence, supervise the population level, the insect stage and valuate the risk level.
- The management by using baited water traps with pheromones is an effective method to keep pest population levels under the tolerance level, such as in greenhouses as in open air plantations.
- If there are very high infestation levels some phytosanitary treatments can be carried out, always with authorized products in accordance with the current legislation and in a rational way.