- Category: Pest sheets
EUROPEAN GRAPEVINE MOTH
POLILLA DEL RACIMO
- It is one of the main vine pests, really extended in most of grape producers' regions of the Iberian Peninsula and other important wine areas, such as California and Chile.
- The main damages are caused by the larva as it attacks the fruit to feed itself. The injuries caused provide the entry of several funguses such as Botrytis, which produces the brunch rotting.
- The treatments are orientated towards the larvae attacks before the beginning of the fruit penetration
- It presents three generations per year, between the ends of March until August.
- The pest monitoring by pheromones is a key in the correct timing decision to carry out phytosanitary treatments, always with authorized products in accordance with current legislation and in a rational way.
- The management of this pest by sexual confusion techniques with pheromones is really effective and is recommended both in integrated production as in ecological cultivation.