- Category: Pest sheets
BARRENADOR DE LA ALCACHOFA
- It is a pest which affects the artichoke crop.
- The main symptoms from an attack are: the presence of galleries in the central nerve of the leaf, damages in fruit and stalk and the loss of the plant's vigour, which causes an important reduction of the production. If the attacks affect the flower buds this losses all its commercial value.
- One single generation is completed per year. The adults are present from September to December.
- The monitoring by using pheromones is a key for detecting the first symptoms and for supervising the population, the pest stage determination, and valuating the risk level
- The pheromones use for pest monitoring allows the treatment's rationalization with insecticides, when you reduce its frequency and choose the correct timing for its application. The phytosanitary products always must be authorized in accordance with current legislation and must be used in a rational way.