- Category: Pest sheets
PLUM FRUIT MOTH
POLILLA DE LAS CIRUELAS
- Attacks mainly plum trees (Prunus domestica), varieties such as the Japanese plum tree (Prunus salicina) are really sensitive.
- One of the clearest symptoms of this pest are the gum exudation over the fruit and/or its fall (thinning). Other attack symptoms are the presence of holes in the fruit and stains under the skin.
- The larva carries out several bites in the fruit before penetrating it for developing in the inside.
- Usually they become three generations per year, appearing the first generation since the beginning of March, the second one at the beginning of June and the third one, partial, from July.
- The pest monitoring by pheromones is the key for the correct timing decision for the treatment, always with authorized products in accordance with curent legislation..